Friday, September 7, 2007

RANDOM PIC OF THE DAY.

.
.
Random picture of the day! Heh.

.
.

I named this picture Spirituality.

.

Taken during my vacation to Sarawak a few months ago. Captured near the great hall of Ching San Yen Temple or famously known as the Muara Tebas Temple. A little description on that place, it's built 200 years ago and occupies an ancient site. It's a place where travellers gave thanks after safely crossing the South China Sea. Muara Tebas has been a fishing and trading village for centuries. The host deity of the temple is Buddha Shakyamuni. Other deities include Sea Goddess Macho.

The edits i've made? Some unsaturation on the centre of the picture, shadow and highlight, abit of exposure manipulation and some other random edits. The main subject of this picture however, is the man kneeling towards the altar. It is to show the sincerity and the spiritually of a modern man. Comments and critiques are welcomed as i'm not a pro in photoshop-ing yet. Heh.

.

As to all my readers, have a great weekend there! Adios.

2 comments:

justanothertragedy said...

gee ive not been to ching san in i dunno.. over a decade?! been wanting to go there but i dont know the way.. and no one to go with :(

SHAUN NG said...

lol. I din know that place existed till my fren brought me there. It was my first time stepping into the borneo island. XD